1. When did Jeffrey Magee run away from school
and his Aunt and Uncle's house?
of the Christmas concert.
The night of the
2. How far did Jeffrey travel from Hollisburg to
3. Why did Jeffrey stop and talk to Amanda Beale?
to speak to her because she was black.
saw her suitcase and figured she was running away like him.
He thought he might
4. Why did Amanda ask Jeffrey if he is from West
people lived in West End.
was giving him directions on how to find his way back home.
She was trying to be
5. Why did Amanda throw a book at Jeffrey?
want it anymore.
She tried to scare him
and hoped he'd run away.
He asked her if he
could borrow one so he could read it.
6. Why was James "Hands Down" unable to
catch the football thrown to him by Brian Denehy?
had a cast on his arm.
He didn't see the
Jeffrey Magee had
7. Why would old people stay away from a Saturday
afternoon two dollar matinee?
didn't want to spend two dollars.
didn't want to be around children.
They didn't have two
dollars to spend.
8. What forbidden thing did Jeffrey do on the
steps of 803 Oriole St?
a book and began to read.
ate his lunch.
He rode his bike up
and down the steps.
9. Why did Mrs. Pickwell refer to feeding
her family as feeding a small nation?
very unhappy about being married.
didn't have any help.
There were ten
Pickwell children, relatives and other people living with the
10. What is odd about the way Jeffrey ran the
He ran on
the steel rail.
tripping and falling.
He ran on the cinders.
Elementary & Middle School Lessons & Self-Correcting Worksheets for Children in all Subject Areas.
Lessons & Worksheets in Math, Reading, Spelling, Science, Language, and Social Studies.
Copyright 1999-2022 by Educational Designers, LLC. All rights reserved.
Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and
security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to
detect and address abuse."