1. Steep drop from a high place to a lower place in
a stream or river
2. Land along a river
3. Lowland with moist soil and tall grasses
4. Area from which rivers form waterfalls or
rapids as rivers drop to lower land.
5. Hill of sand piled up by the wind.
6. Body of inland water with land on all sides.
7. Large stream of water that flows across the
8. Opening in the Earth, often raised, through
which lava, rock, ashes and gases are forced out.
9. Low land between hills or mountains.
10. Land formation with flat top and steep rock sides.
11. Ridge of sand, rock, or coral that lies at or
near the surface of a sea or ocean.
12. Land that has water on all sides.
13. Dry land with few plants.
14. Triangle-shaped area of land at the mouth of
15. Narrow strip of land connecting two larger
areas of land.
16. Area of flat land along a sea or ocean.
17. A narrow strip of water leading into the land
from a larger body of water.
18. Flat land.
19. Stream or river that empties into a larger
20. Line on a mountain above which it is too cold
for trees to grow.
21. Land that is almost completely surrounded by
22. Land that rises above the land around it with
a broad, steep bank or cliff.
23. Land along a sea or ocean.
24. High, steep face of rock or earth overlooking
land or sea
25. Deepest part of a body of water, often used
26. Point of land that extends into water
27. Deep, narrow valley with steep sides.
28. The natural elevation of the earth's surface
but smaller than a mountain
29. Body of water that is a part of a sea or
ocean and is partly enclosed by land.
30. Bowl shaped area land surrounded by higher
31. Area of low, wetland with trees.
32. Narrow channel of water connecting two larger
bodies of water.
33. Place where a river begins.
34. Side of a hill or mountain.
35. The level that is even with the surface of an
ocean or sea.
36. Body of salt water smaller than an ocean.
37. Top of a mountain.
38. Body of salt water larger than a sea.
39. Area of water and fertile land in a desert
40. Place where a river empties into another body
41. Row of mountains.
42. Highest kind of land.
43. A level land area raised above adjoining land
on at least one side.
44. Area of water where ships can dock safely
45. Body of water that is partly enclosed by land
but is larger than a bay.
46. Large ice mass that moves slowly down a
mountain or across land.
47. Hilly area at the base of a mountain.
48. Flat land that is near the edge of a river
and is formed by the silt deposited by floods.
49. Gap between mountains.
Match the number of the correct definition above with the word below.